Thursday, September 14, 2017

Feather Thanks... Guest Designer at TIME OUT Challenge #92~Inspired by Words Challenge

Hello,

I'm very honoured to be a guest designer for the current TIME OUT Challenge~Inspired By Words. The quote to spark our creativity is:

Paint the flying spirit of the bird rather than its feathers.”

Lots of possibilities here for images and/or techniques.


Sooooo....before we go any further, I have a confession: I have bird terror. Yes, full on screaming-like-a-school girl whenever one comes close to me (close being defined by oh...half a block away). No idea where this phobia finds its roots; perhaps the bygone days of gathering eggs with my grandma, amidst the clucking, pecking and feather-flapping of the chickens. Or it could be The Birds movie, which we watched, in school, when I was in Grade 5. Seriously! Or maybe it's just me (I have an array of odd phobias...like big flags and huge tents, to name just a few. Oh, and seeing or even thinking about the hull of boats/ships...a 'depth' thing, I reckon...shiver).

All that to say: my focus is on *feathers*.


I'm featuring my Concord and 9th's Give Thanks set, which is filled with possibility, versatility and a whole LOT of pretty!

Please drop by the TIME OUT challenge blog and check out the inspiration from the fabulous design team.  THANK YOU so much for inviting me to play alongside you in this challenge!

Looking forward to seeing your takes on this quote; I'm sure the variety will be fabulous!

Also sharing at:

Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge #13~Ink Only (apparently I'm on a C9 roll these days!)


Thank you for dropping by; your visit is both welcomed and deeply appreciated!


17 comments:

Anita in France said...

Deliciously graphic and so pretty, Carol, both at the same time ... that colour palette is gorgeous, so warm and bright against the crisp white! So happy to have you inspiring our players as our Guest Designer at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

sandie said...

We are so excited to have you as GD and what a joy this card is. I adore the changing colours and the perfect placement of the sentiment....sat at the airport waiting for my flight!!!

Aileen said...

Well Carol your card is great so lucky feathers dont set of the phobia for you. Love them and the design you made. Made me laugh I can remeber the birds movie too and it was a shocker, did you ever see the making of it and how rotten he was to the young starlett who starred in the movie all cause she wasnt interested in him, the flabby scary producer.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is super - love the bold, graphic look and the fabulous colours of those feathers. Really nice take on the quote. xxx

PS I guess Hitchcock's movie The Birds is not for you :) :)

I Card Everyone said...

I've to this point resisted any sort of feather stamp in my collection... how did this happen? I LOve birds, enough for the two of us... OH, and this gorgeous card! xx
=]

Bobby said...

I'm glad you don't have a feather phobia, Carol, because are mighty fine. Me, I'm with Michele. Birds are one of my favorite things, especially owls.

Gwendolyn said...

Just love how you coloured up those feathers Carol and so glad you're guesting over at Time Out. Cheers, Gwendolyn

Lynn said...

What an inspiration we gave you when you are terrified of birds!! I love what you created!!! It is absolutely stunning. So happy to have you guest designing with us at Time Out!

nancy littrell said...

Congratulations for being Time Out's Guest Designer, Carol. You definitely do NOT have a phobia of CAS designed cards. I LOVE your style and love your feather card. TFS Hugs...

Gerrina said...

It is so good to see you as our Guest designer this week! And what a bad luck to get something with birds from us... But boy you made such a stunning card! Perfect stamping and such great colours! Thanks for playing along!

Susanne Vargas said...

Congrats on your GD spot! It is sort of ironic that the challenge is bird themed... Your tone-on-tone feathers are graphic and fun! Makes me want to get this stamp set...

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous and creative, just loving this style.xx[aNNie]

Nonni said...

I don't like birds either, Carol... Do you know the saying "birds are like rats with wings"?!? I guess I'm not very helpful to your phobia... ;) Your feathers-card looks fantastic, these stamps have a great feel, sort of tribal or retro or something like that... Love it! Great color choices too! Thank you for being such an inspiring GD at TIME OUT!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Carol, your post cracks me up. I have a few friends who also have bird terrors - I can't believe you were shown The Birds in grade 5. No wonder!!!! Thank for your wonderful comments on my blog recently. I totally get the being behind on commenting at all much less on commenting on friends' blogs just because... Never worry. So excited you are with us at Time Out. I LOVE this card. I own this stamp set and I seriously didn't realize that these feathers were from it. I had better take a closer look!!! I love the colors you chose and the way you have them arranges. Fantastic creation as always! xx

Joyce said...

I did not know you were afraid of birds. You sound like me and snakes! Lovely card, and those feathers you stamped don't look scary at all. Such wonderful inspiration you have provided to Time Out this week. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer.

Jenny Colacicco said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card. Birds are fine by me until they start pecking nearby ( I panicked about a peahen at a zoo once) so I hear ya. Jenny x

Luci said...

I love the bold and graphic colors in these beautiful feathers. CAS, dramatic and special. Beautifully done.